For participants that register before May 6th, 2013, you will be prompted to select an incentive. Incentives will be delivered to your workplace by Shifting Gears Ambassadors in the the month of May. The incentives you can choose from are:
- Walking Kit (includes one pair YakTraks)
- Cycling Kit (includes a Gift Certificate valued at $20 that can be used toward the cost of a bicycle tune-up at participating shops, or toward the cost of a membership at B!KE: the Peterborough Community Bike Shop)
- Transit Kit (includes a 10-trip Peterborough Transit Pass and a Peterborough Transit Map)
Weekly Draw Prizes
Weekly draw prizes of $75 for a local restaurant will be distributed. Winners will be selected through a random draw. There will be one winner per week. Enter your trips each week to qualify to win prizes.
Resorts of Ontario $750 gift package
WIN BIG & GET RECOGNIZED
Employers will be competing in size categories: Micro (1-10 employees), Small (11-25), Medium (26-250), and Large (251)
This year we will also introduce our Master's Class category. These are workplaces who have been ranked as top two in their category two or more times. This year will be the first year that they will complete against each other. Workplaces to achieve this honour are: CIBC Wood Gundy, the Toy Shop, Wild Rock Outfitters, GreenUP, Walmart, Ontario Public Service: Robinson Place, Peterborough Family Resource Centre, Tridont Family Dentistry, and Trent Metals.
All workplaces are recognized for participation, while the best of each category will be awarded the coveted Travel-Wise Employer award and will be featured in the media.
REAP THE BENEFITS OF ACTIVE & EFFICIENT TRANSPORTATION
Active and efficient transportation provides many benefits to individuals, our employers and our community.
For the employer
For the employee
- Increases productivity and engagement through improved health, energy, and overall well-being
- Improves recruitment and retention of employees due to the support of transportation alternatives
- Increases workplace profile as promoting environmentally-friendly activities,
- Reduce on-site parking demand and related maintenance costs.
For our community
- Improves physical and mental health through increased physical activity,
- Provides commuter options and reduce the financial burdens of operating a vehicle, and
- Supports individuals as they "do their part" to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and poor air quality.
- Decrease traffic congestion and the potential for vehicle collisions,
- Put more "eyes on the street", improving street safety,
- Improve the enjoyment and accessibility of our neighbourhoods,
- Reduce the necessity of road maintenance and construction due to excess use, and
- Showcase our community as being a steward of our environment.